15 ‘Sex and the City’ Quotes Every Girl Must Live By

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

In the city of Manhattan, four powerful, career driven, single women take on everything life throws at them. Sex and the City gives you the ultimate taste of what NYC life consists of: the drama, heartbreak, deadlines, boys, relationships, city lights, and overly expensive taste. As we follow Carrie Bradshaw, the protagonist of the show, and her three best friends, there are a couple things we can learn from these women. Here a couple quotes that us girls must live by: 

1. “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself.” – Carrie 

2.  “I love you, but I love me more.” – Carrie

3. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” – Carrie

4. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie

5. “Sexy is what I try to get them to see me as after I win them over with my personality.” – Miranda

6. “They say nothing lasts forever. Dreams change, trends come and go, but friendship never goes out of style.” – Carrie

7. “Enjoy yourself… that’s what your 20’s are for. Your 30’s are to learn the lessons, and your 40’s are to pay for the drinks.” – Carrie

8.  “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie

9.  “Maybe we can be each other’s soul mates. And then we can let men be just these great, nice guys to have fun with.” – Charlotte

10. “When you’re determined to reach your goal, not even obstacles can scare you away.” – Carrie

11.  “Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason.” – Carrie

12.  “Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” – Carrie

13. “The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t. But, in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into and sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.” – Carrie

14. “So just love, make mistakes, and have wonderful times, but never second-guess who you are, where you have been, and, most importantly, where you are going.”   – Carrie

15.  “After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.”– Carrie

Luisa is a freshman at Florida International University majoring in Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communications. Not only does she love to write, but she enjoys a good aesthetic. She loves to travel, find cute spots in Miami (or elsewhere), take photos wherever she goes, and especially being Colombian, she loves to have her daily dose of coffee!