Your moodboard for love
Valentine’s day has always been my favorite holiday, which to those who know me personally and my 20 years of single-ness might consider to be a shock. But it is true! The pink and red, the hearts everywhere, and an excuse to give my friends cute valentines? I am so here for it. So of course, when the holiday rolls around, there is nothing I love more than throwing a little galentines party for my friends and me. In this article, I am presenting my master checklist that I use when planning parties, as well as some tips and ideas to throw your own!
Setting the Scene
No good party can begin without setting the scene (aka your environment and atmosphere). Decor, music choices, and overall vibes are crucial to making this Galentine’s party extra sweet. Raid your local dollar store for all things pink, red, and purple, maybe cut some hearts out of construction paper to hang or use whatever you have around the house. Colored lights, disco balls, and fairy lights are a great way to do this for cheap (and can be reused over and over again). Have fun with the decor! And as always consult the bible (Pinterest) for all inspo before doing the big shop.
What are we listening to?
Well, I’m glad you asked. Here are a few songs you can add to your fave playlist to add a bit of lover vibe to your party. Depending on your preference you can go really old school or more pop. I’ve put a bit of both :)
Love You Like a Love Song-Selena Gomez
Be My Baby-The Ronnettes
Lovers Rock-TV Girl
Baby, I’m Yours-Arctic Monkeys
Girl Crush-Harry Styles
Dream a Little Dream of Me-The Mamas and the Papas
Kiss Me More-Doja Cat
Snacks and Sips
Your guests are gonna want to munch on something during the festivities! Here are some easy snacks and sips to give you a few ideas:
- Red velvet cake pops
- Strawberry lemonade mocktails-or cocktails ;)
- Berry fruit cups
- Red velvet white choc chip cookies
- Chocolate-covered strawberries (ofc)
- Charcuterie boards with heart-shaped cheese
The Main Event
Now is the time to plan out your main event-aka the entertainment for the party! Here are some ideas i’ve done in the past/think would be really cute:
- Pizza party: gather all the ingriedients needed for everyone to make their own personal pizza (make them heart-shaped for added cuteness)
- Rom-Coms binge: everyone pics their favorite rom com and grabs a big bowl of popcorn
- Valentine card making: round up all the collaging and crafting materials for everyone to make their own valentines for eachother!
- Bracelet making-making friendship bracelets is the ultmate galentine activity
- Film photoshoot: set up a cute backdrop and purchase film cameras for you and your besties to take cute pics
Dress The Part
No themed party is complete without the appropriate attire. Make sure to tell your guests the vibe of the party so they can plan accordingly-whether that’s pajamas for your movie night or pretty princess dresses for a tea party. You could even decide to pick a color to stick to or get even more creative with an anti-love party where everyone wears black!
And its as easy as that! But no matter what you do, whether it is an elaborate party or a simple sleepover, make sure to carve out just a little bit of time to spend with your girls during the season of love<3