Style > Beauty

After So Long, I’m Finally Listening To My hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

As a girl with wavy hair, at first I didn’t appreciate my curls and would do anything to straighten them. Over time, I’ve learned a lot about hair products that work and those that don’t. I’ve come up with a list of my favorite and most helpful products.

These five hair products have helped me restore my wavy hair after a long time of damaging it. Whether it’s because you used products that weren’t appropriate for your hair type or because you’ve used too much heat with irons and dryers, it’s never too late to use products that will revive your hair.

“Sure, my life isn’t perfect but my curls are.”

Ouidad

1. Shea Moisture, Frizz Free Curl Mousse helps keep my hair safe from frizz and holds my curls during the day.

2. Shea Moisture, Extra Moisture Detangler is excellent for removing knots from my hair in an incredible way, leaving it soft and hydrated.

3. Elgon, DD Dry Oil Hair & Body keeps the ends of my hair hydrated and helps eliminate split ends.

4. Elgon, Hair DD Cream hydrates my hair and is perfect to apply with my hands when I’m doing scrunching my curls.

5. Pantene, Hair Revival mask miracle rescue intensely hydrates my hair and leaves it shiny and defined.

I was born in Venezuela at the beginning of the two thousand. I moved to New York City in 2019 with my family and we have been working as a team ever since. Currently, I am studying Fine Arts at the FIT. Class of 2025. My hobbies are watching movies and series as well as reading fiction.