This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Many of us are facing the dreaded mid-semester lull, especially with online classes. Give yourself the perfect pick-me-up by trying to add some new habits into your routine.

Go to bed and wake up at the same time daily.

Who hasn’t had their sleep schedule messed up during quarantine? While many of us are still at home for most of the day, it’s good to have the same sleep schedule every day to give yourself more of a routine. You might even start waking up before your alarm!

Make a daily schedule.

Outline your day and figure out what you’ll do at what time. You’ll save yourself some much-needed time and energy if you’re not always trying to figure out what to do next throughout the day.

Spend a few minutes cleaning up your space.

Set a 10-minute timer and see how much you can clean up. You’ll be surprised!

Plan your meals for the week.

Planning your meals will make grocery shopping so much easier. No more wandering around the aisles wondering what you’ll make for dinner this week.

Stand up and stretch.

Don’t let yourself sit for longer than an hour at a time. Try getting up and making a cup of coffee, stretching, or doing a quick 5-minute yoga routine.

Spend some time outside.

During an online semester, it’s easier to spend more time online than usual. Take a walk outside, do some yoga in your backyard, or anything else that will get you some fresh air.

Make time for self-care.

Self-care can really be anything you want that will bring you joy. Whether it’s a bubble bath, face mask, or ordering your favorite meal, give yourself something to look forward to after a long day of Zoom University.

Fill up your water bottle before bed.

Everyone knows you’re supposed to start your day off with a glass of water, but let’s face it, we’re all forgetful sometimes. Make your morning that much easier by filling up your water bottle with ice water before you go to bed, set it on your nightstand, and it’ll be all ready for you in the morning.

Turn off your phone before bed.

Take some time away from the screen before you go to sleep. Instead of scrolling through TikTok until 3 AM (we’ve all done it), try reading a book or journaling.

Practice gratitude.

At the end of each day, try to think of a few things you’re grateful for that day, even if it’s as small as the coffee you got from Starbucks.

Even incorporating just one or two of these habits into your routine can make a big difference. Start small and don’t overwhelm yourself, and you’ll have a routine that is just right for you.

Emily is a senior at FIT studying Advertising and Marketing Communications. Originally from Pittsburgh, PA, she now lives in Brooklyn. In her spare time, you can find her watching reality TV or following a Chloe Ting workout video.