The Silver Lining

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Across the street from the School of Business Industries, at the bottom of “The Hill,” sits the School of Journalism & Graphic Communication. Since 1982, SJGC has been not only just a house for those who wish to enter the field of journalism or graphic communication; but, a house where hundreds can stimulate their creative minds. With student-run media operations such as the FAMUAN newspaper, JOURNEY magazine, WANM-FM 90.5 radio and FAMU-TV 20, this allows students in SJGC to make an impression on-campus. Offering majors including, broadcast journalism, newspaper journalism, magazine journalism, newspaper editorial journalism, public relations, graphic design, photography, print production and print management; the opportunities are endless on Orr Drive.

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.