Julian Harris, ’14: Underground King

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Even though Julian “Juju” Harris is this week’s Campus Celeb, some might say he is much underrated. With a raw sound and amazing talent Juju Ozbourne has the recipe for success. Juju has done two mixtapes collaborating with Tyler Jones. Now focusing on his solo mixtape Juju is hungry to make it to the top. Julian’s most recent accomplishment was his opening performance for Iceberg. I was able to sit down with Mr. Harris along with his “entourage,” to ask a few questions about his music and career path.

Name: Julian Harris
Hometown: Orlando, Fla
Classification: Junior
Major: Public Relations

HC FAMU: What is your stage name?
JH: Juju Ozbourne.

HC FAMU: Where are you from?
JH: Born in Indiana, but I was raised in Orlando.

HC FAMU: What is your classification?
JH: Junior.

HC FAMU: What is your major?
JH: Public relations, I’m in the School of Journalism.

HC FAMU: Who is your biggest inspiration?
JH: My Momma.

HC FAMU: Any upcoming projects?
JH: The Oz, my debut solo mixtape.

HC FAMU: How did it feel to open for Iceberg?
JH: It was my first club experience so I was crunk, I didn’t want to get off the stage.

HC FAMU: How long have you been writing music?
JH: Since I was 8 years old.

HC FAMU: If you could be signed to any record label, which one would you choose?
JH: G.O.O.D. MUSIC. But, my ultimate goal is to start a new genre of music.

HC FAMU: Whom would you collaborate with if you could record a track with anyone?
JH: Pharrell Williams as the producer but I’d collab with Tyler Jones (featured artist on some of Juju’s previous work), featuring Smoke and Andre 3000.

HC FAMU: Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
JH: I see myself as a million dollar artist.

HC FAMU: Where can our readers download your music?
JH: Follow me on twitter @iliveforjah.

HC FAMU: Why is your current twitter name “I live for Jah?”
JH: “Jah” is an acryonym for my initials and, Jah is God. I’m living for God and I.

HC FAMU: Do you have any advice for other musicians on campus?
JH: Get on your P’s and Q’s.

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.