How To: Minimal Pack Like A Pro!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

It’s that time of year again where exams and deadlines are creeping closer and closer. I’m sure in these desperate times that a coping mechanism we all share is taking regular breaks from our work to indulge in a bit of online shopping (or at least adding everything we want into a shopping basket then crying over how expensive everything is)!

So instead of letting all of my spare time go to waste, I thought my online addictions could come in handy for you all and I can show you a few combinations of summer wardrobes for various different holidays. And as I’m quite a minimal packer myself, maybe I can be of some use to all of you that tend to overpack!

The first wardrobe is what I would pack if I were going on a casual beach holiday with my family:

The main points to take from this look is that everything is extremely floaty and casual! Try to establish a colour pallete that works for you, and get nice fitted pieces that can all interchange to make a stylish outfit.

The second wardrobe is what I would pack if I were going on a more adventurous travel holiday with my friends: Now this look is slightly different, as you will be with friends its crucial to pack one all purpose kind of dress that can be dressed up for a posh meal but equally as nice for a night out with some drinks at a bar! Also, as you may spend some time exploring you will need a pair of comfy shoes! Again the key is to pick a colour pallete that works for you, so even though you only pack a few key items you can easily mix-and-match to create a new outfit!

And finally, this is what I would pack if I were going on a more romantic holiday:

As you can see this look is a lot more floaty and romantic than the other two! Here I’ve got for quite a cutesy and girly wardrobe that again has a very clean colour pallete for easy mix-and-match! However, I have included a pair of ripped shorts to toughen up this look a little bit!

Tara / Birmingham & Cornwall / 19 "For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”