Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant Book Reviews

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Veronica Roth recently released her latest book to the Divergent trilogy, with the first film being released in the UK a month ago.

Veronica Roth’s trilogy follows a teenage drama/romantic/action/ danger kind of genre. It is quite hard to fit it into a category really, I would say it fits perfectly with The Hunger Games trilogy. You are sat on the edge of your seat, hating on the person who makes you put the book down or even if they make you look away for a split second, it’s so captivating. It is definitely never boring!

I will not give you the whole run down of all 3 books, it would ruin it for you and we all love surprises secretly.

The books follow Beatrice Prior, a teenager unsure of who she is in this world that is split into different factions. The factions, Abnegation (the selfless), Amity (the peaceful), Candor (the honest), Dauntless (the brave) and Erudite (the intelligent) all play an import role to create a “peaceful” city. However, when Beatrice Prior is told that she is Divergent, her world suddenly changes. We witness her get shot, face her fears, fall in love and lose the most precious things in her life, but yet she still manages to find out the truth and save her city that she hates to love.

I would recommend these books, more as a light easy read, and a world that you can escape to.