Campus Cutie: Suzi Heal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Name: Suzi Heal

Status: Potato (Don’t ask)

Age: 21…22 next week, presents at the ready please.

Course: English with Creative Writing

This week’s cutie has been one of our most dedicated writers for the hercampus Falmouth chapter over the past year. She is currently completing her third year of university and afterwards she plans to move back to her hometown of Bristol. So, without further ado we would like to introduce the lovely lady that is Suzi Heal…

Favourite food: Potato. Maybe chips, maybe mash… I can’t decide. That’s the beauty of the potato – it’s the most versatile of the root veg.

Favourite place to sit:  My room in my house here in Falmouth. I spent ages decorating it and trying to get it perfect when I moved in.  I love making a little nest of cushions to read in, surrounded by an excessive amount of fairy lights. I think it’s really cosy.  

Favourite memory of Falmouth: At the end of first year, before I went home to work for the summer we had a really good few days. The weather was amazing so we spent a lot of time at the beach. We also ended up going to a funfair! It was a great way to end the first year in Falmouth and I couldn’t wait to come back.

Favourite thing to do in your spare time: I like to spend time going around charity shops. I’ve found some really cool and interesting things in the ones around Falmouth.  I’m always torn between where to go first though: the clothes or the books!

Favourite event you’ve been to in Falmouth: The last two years, my housemates and I have hosted a Wine and Cheese night in October. We invite a load of our friends and everyone brings cheese, crackers and wine…It’s just always been a really good night that everyone’s enjoyed. Even after we leave uni we think we might do it as an annual thing – it’d be nice to keep in contact.

Best idea for a date: Something that allows us to talk and get to know each other. Something unusual is always really cool too. Like, say, a gin tasting. Now THAT would be a perfect date.

Proudest moment: Me and my housemates acquired a Playstation 2 and a couple of old dancemats so had a competition with a few friends. I bossed it. If only my university grades were on par with my dance mat grades…

Thank you so much for letting us get to know you better and for all your hard work over the past year Suzi! We hope your life is filled with an abundance of potatoes and gin.

My name is Laura Sherlock and I am the co-editor for Falmouth's chapter of Hercampus. I am currently in my third year of university studying English.