Campus Cutie: Louise Manara

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Course: English with Creative Writing

Age: 21

Relationship status: Single

Carrying on from last week, we have chosen another fellow writer as this week’s cutie. Louise has been a writer for Her Campus Falmouth since it started up again last year, and we are grateful for her loyalty and enthusiasm.

So Louise, you have now been living in Falmouth for over two years. What is your favourite memory so far?

My first day at Falmouth is hands down my favourite memory of Falmouth, my family had just dropped me off and I was extremely nervous but my flat mates came straight up to me and invited me to a firework show on Swanpool. They made me feel at home straight away.

Why did you choose Falmouth university?

Falmouth was actually just an extra university that I used to fill in my ucas options, I had never even heard of Falmouth, but when interview day came I was amazed by the university and the place. It was so different to the city and that definitely appealed to me, I love that feeling of a complete culture change.

Favourite food to eat or cook?

Ok so in all honesty I’m the only person in my family who cannot cook, you can ask anyone, but since being here I have mastered the art of spaghetti. It may not seem like much but it was a proud moment for me.

Where is your favourite spot in Falmouth?

I love the beaches, again because being from London I was so far away from the coast, but now I can’t imagine not living by the sea, so I have to say Gylly, Swanpool and Maenporth.

Where do you see yourself in ten years time?

Travelling! My goal in life is to visit every country, so hopefully I’ll be exploring an exotic island somewhere.

What is your favourite book and film?

They are always changing but currently I would recommend The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time by Mark Haddon and The Good Dinosaur.

What is your favourite band and song at the moment?

I’m addicted to a band called Typhoon, their song Prosthetic Love is currently on repeat.

My name is Laura Sherlock and I am the co-editor for Falmouth's chapter of Hercampus. I am currently in my third year of university studying English.