What Life Would Be Like if Serena and Blair Went to Fairfield U

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Ever wonder what our campus would be like if Blair and Serena were also walking our sidewalks? Here is a taste of Blair and Serena’s routine if they attended Fairfield U.

6:00 am Serena and Blair (roomies of course) wake up, not on campus, but in a glamorous apartment in the shopping district of downtown Westport. There is absolutely NO way they would ever live amongst the common folk in old, smelly, cramped dorm rooms.

6:15 am Fresh off the racks of New York Fashion Week’s hottest collection, the girls scan through their closets to find something to wear. They also start their beauty routine with a beauty line from Faces Beautiful, hand picked especially for them of course.

7:00 am Once Blair’s bow is in place and Serena’s blonde hair is effortlessly fluffed the girls call an uber…? No way! They would rather walk than sit in the back of a random person’s car. Instead they simply call their car service to take them to campus.

7:20 am Dropped off in the circle, the girls walk up to Einsteins ready for their morning coffee for an extra energy boost and you better believe the Einstein workers know their orders by heart.

7:30 am The queens sit on their steps outside Donnarumma Hall really not anything close to the Met steps, but they make do. Their minions meet them there while everyone else maneuvers around their posy to get to class.

8:00 am They walk briskly into their 8 am in perfectly coordinated outfits while everyone else rolls in half asleep sporting sweats.

9:15 am Due to the previous week’s online shopping, its time to hit their mailboxes to pick up the numerous packages they ordered. With a name like Waldorf and van der Woodsen, the workers at the desk don’t even bother saying “stag card please” or asking for a signature.

9:30 am A perfect time to reluctantly take the Stag bus downtown for a little retail therapy.  Making sure they do not make eye contact with anyone, they sit in the front and gossip with their minions. Public transportation is definitely not something they are used to.

10:00 am Blair reminds them that whoever said money didn’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping. Plus who needs to study when the girls have fun and shop all morning at their favorite stores like Apricot Lane, Victoria’s Secret and LOFT. Reading the price tags counts as practicing math, right?

12:00 pm Getting hungry, they decide to go to Pronto to get a salad. Serena heard that her look alike, an upper classman Danielle, has a salad named after her in which she requests the same privilege. The van der Woodsen is then added to the menu.

1:45 pm After lunch they take the stag bus back for their 2 pm class because of course the girls have requested identical schedules. Having difficulty fitting all their bags on the bus, they quickly call their car service to take their purchases home for them. No problem.

2:00 pm They head to class and take their seats, trying not to associate themselves with anyone; they are queens for goodness sake.

3:15 pm After class the girls head to the library to do “homework.” They don’t like sitting at the long tables with strangers so they reserve the best group study room for the rest of their 4 years at college.

5:00 pm They decide they need to try to get involved and show a little school spirit so they decide to make an appearance at the boy’s lacrosse game. Unfortunately, sitting on the bleachers around other rowdy college students gives Blair a headache. Besides, people are sitting above her in the stands and that makes the Queen B uncomfortable.

6:00 pm As they leave the game, they suddenly realize they gave their personal chef the night off and therefore must eat in Barone like the rest of the students.

6:15 pm Initially waiting to be seated, the girls finally walk in to find a table themselves. Blair shoots a group of girls a look and exchanges a few harsh words, causing them to get up silently and free up the table she wants.

6:45 pm After they have picked at their meals and finished critiquing every other student’s outfit in Barone, the girls awkwardly carry their plates up to the conveyer belt and head home.

7:30 pm Blair and Serena slip into their party dresses and get ready to go out with their friends. If they aren’t partying at a classy bar in Westport or taking their car into the city, you might even see them sneak into the Grape. If you see them just always remember that they are the queens and this is their school now too.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.