freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Want to Breakup? There’s an App for That

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Most people will agree that breakups are pretty much the worst. They’re messy and someone’s feelings always get hurt. It was fun while it lasted, but for whatever reason it just didn’t work out. Luckily, there is a new app that can relieve the stress, and spare someone’s feelings, during a break up. According to Marie Claire, The Break Up Shop does all the dirty work for you.

So how does this dream come true work? First, you choose the type of break up you want. Long, apologetic text message? Short, six-second-phone call à la Joe Jonas when he ended it with Taylor Swift? Or perhaps an e-mail, showing you mean business? Maybe go the extra mile by sending a care package, so they know you aren’t completely heartless. Once you decide the method, The Break Up Shop handles the rest.

Of course, just because the app is free does not mean that the services are, too. It will cost you $30 for a pain-free split.

“People are already paying services like Tinder to get them in a relationship, why not pay a service to get you out of one,” Evan and Mackenzie said, founders of the website (no last names were given according to Marie Claire).

Evan and Mackenzie took it to another level by offering gifts one can send to an ex so they know you once cared. Gifts vary from the Blue Ray version of The Notebook to Netflix subscriptions.  The ultimate gift is the Break Up Gift Pack. It includes 300g box of Chips Ahoy!, $30 subscription to Netflix, a set of two 18 oz. red wine glasses, a choice between the movie The Notebook or Call of Duty: Ghost video game, and a handcrafted sympathy letter. 

While it is great that technology can change the way we do things, breakups are still probably best done in person. Even so, it’s nice to know there are options.

Hi my name is Alejandra Arias and I am the Executive Feature Editor for Her Campus Fairfield
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.