A Walkthrough of Your Snow Day as Told By GIFS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. You’ve been hearing about this storm for days and yesterday you finally got the highly anticipated email: “Classes are cancelled this afternoon and tomorrow.” Yes, the first snow day is here. 

2. Without a second thought, the group text is sent out: “snowed in sleepover!”

3. But, first thing’s first: food. Except you realize you don’t have any.  So it was off to the zoo super market.

4. After stocking up on the essentials (chocolate, nachos, guacamole) you’re ready to take on the night.

5. Then you bundle up and decide that before the weather gets too unbearable, it’s time to go sledding!

6. But, after five minutes you feel your legs going numb so it’s a quick Snapchat with the blizzard geotag (obviously) and then back inside!

7. You decide the walk to the cafe is so not worth it, so you speed dial your favorite pizza place and wait anxiously.

8. The pizza arrives and it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for.. chick flicks.

9. But as nice as it is to watch your favorite heart throbs, you’re soon reminded of your single, not so classic-love-story life.

10. Your girls support you and remind you that “you’re too good for him” and that “you’re so pretty.” But, you’re just like, pass me the food.  

11. Through all the fun, you soon remember the raging storm outside.  The power goes off, as does your social media.

12. Now phoneless, your food coma hits full force and it’s off to bed for the next day or so.

Enjoy your snow days, collegiettes!

Lauren is a sophomore studying Computer Engineering at Fairfield University.  A proud Bostonian, she has a heavy reliance on iced coffee and says "wicked" far too often.Follow Lauren on Twitter!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!