The Ultimate Pregame Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The best nights out always begin with the best pre-games, and everybody knows that a pregame is only as good as the soundtrack behind it. We’ve all had those moments, packed in a dark and sweaty dorm room just dying to steal the aux away from whoever’s playing the same overplayed songs that you heard the night before. I mean, how much can one listen to the same Justin Bieber song? Spice up that dull pregame with these playlist essentials!

1. Throwbacks

Starting out a pregame with a classic throwback is pretty much fool proof. Nothing makes a group of drunk college students more excited than belting out all the words to a song that they had on their first iPods. By playing a beloved throwback, you’re pretty much guaranteed the perfect sing along.

Song Suggestions:

“Beautiful Girls” by Sean Kingston, “No Hands” by Waka Flocka Flame, “Buy U a Drank” by T-Pain, “Young, Wild, & Free” by Snoop Dogg, “DONTTRUSTME” by 3OH!3, “Ignition (Remix)” by R. Kelly, “It Wasn’t Me” by Shaggy, “BedRock” by Young Money

2. Remixes

If you want to get a crowd dancing, a good remix is your best bet. It’s hard to not be hyped when a good beat is blaring from the speaker. Digging through Soundcloud for the best remix may be time consuming, but I promise the results of your dedication will leave the whole pregame thoroughly impressed and excited for the night ahead.

Song Suggestions:

(Spotify)“Adore You- Remix” by Cedric Gervais, “Good Grief- Don Diablo Remix” by Don Diablo, “Say It- Illenium Remix” by Illenium, “Weekend- SNBRN Remix” by Louis The Child (SoundCloud) “2F Big Bootie Mix, Volume 11” by Two Friends, “Wonderwall Vs Tremor Mash Up” by Nick Davito, “Sugar We’re Alone” by Christian Alexander

3. Slow it Down

A person can only take so many up-tempo songs in a row before they’re gasping for air. Take a break from the craziness, and chill out with some slower songs. Try to stick to songs you can at least sing along to while still keeping the vibes high.

Song Suggestions:

Literally ~anything~ Adele, “No Air” by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown, “FourFiveSeconds” by Rihanna, Kanye West, and Paul McCartney

4. Raps

Pick the beat back up with any of your favorite rap songs. While so many pre-games and parties will either stick with solely remixes or rap, I think a solid combination of the two is much better. Even if you don’t know all the words, you’ll have fun pretending like you do and cheering on your friends who ~actually~ do.

Song Suggestions:

“Bodak Yellow” by Cardi B, “Gold Digger” by Kanye West, “Only” by Nicki Minaj, “Feeling Myself” by Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé, “Monster” by Kanye West, “Back To Back” by Drake, “Fight Night” by Migos, “Waves” by Kanye West

5. Guilty Pleasures

We may complain every time they come on, but we all have those songs we simply can’t resist singing along to each time they come on –  despite our embarrassment. Even though we’ve heard them hundreds of times, they never seem to get old. Whether or not we choose to admit it, these guilty pleasure tunes are practically essential.

Song Suggestions:

“Mr. Brightside” by the Killers, “Kill the Lights” by Alex Newell, “All Night Longer” by Sammy Adams, “Wasted” by Tiësto, ~anything~ by The Chainsmokers

6. Current Crowd Pleasers

Although this changes daily, having the most popular songs of the week is probably the most important aspect of any pregame playlist. It’s crucial to keep your playlist as up-to-date as possible. Play those new fan favorites before anybody even has the chance to request them, and your aux chord capabilities will be legendary.

Song Suggestions:

“Questions” by Chris Brown, “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato, “Let Me Go” by Hailee Steinfeld, “Selfish” by PnB Rock, “Rake It Up” by Yo Gotti, “Relationship” by Young Thug, “Candy Paint” by Post Malone, “Bank Account” by 21 Savage, “Forever Young” by Lil Yachty, “Without You” by Avicii

You can check out all of the songs I mentioned on my Spotify playlist here

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com