Twiggy is Named The New L’Oreal UK Ambassador

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Twiggy, proclaimed “The Face of 1966” by the Daily Express, has become the new L’Oreal UK Ambassador. Her age in comparison to her fellow L’Oreal ambassadors, Blake Lively and Cheryl Cole, only gives her more of an edge. 

Twiggy is an icon. She is known for her thin frame, her large eyes complete with three sets of false eyelashes and lower lashes drawn in, and of course, her blonde pixie cut. 

She will lead the campaign for L’Oréal Professionnel Majirel High Lift, Shimmering Blonde Service. “My hair color is such an intrinsic part of me since the day Daniel Galvin gave me my first set of highlights,” Twiggy said (L’Oreal Professionnel).

The news of Twiggy’s appointment by L’Oreal comes at a time when many older women are snatching major campaigns in the fashion and beauty industries.

L’Oreal stated, “Twiggy is part of the generation of women that are demonstrating that beauty is truly ageless, and her vitality and energy are an inspiration.” 

“I hope to inspire women to be confident in their personal style and never be afraid of trying something new,” Twiggy said (L’Oreal Professionnel).

She is still inspiring women decades after taking the world by storm, and in a whole new way. Twiggy, the fashion icon of the 60s, is back.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.