Trendsetter Tuesday: Trends of the First Point Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Welcome back, Stags! It’s been a long summer of counting down the days until the best day of the year…Point Day. This past Saturday, students of every grade flocked up to the townhouses for a coveted day drink. It being the first weekend back, everyone was bringing their cutest rompers and their most distressed jeans up to the party. Here are some of our favorite looks and trends for upcoming day drink looks!

Juniors Lauren Butts, Abby Maggiore, Emily McEwan, and Erin Flannery brought their A game this weekend. From billowing skirts, to super cute overalls, these roomies brought the latest summer trends to Fairfield. Lauren rocked a classic tube top with a flowing army green skirt- a perfect fall color. Abby paired her overall-dress with a sunshine yellow (aka the color of the summer) crop top. Emily paired her blue-hued romper with the cutest choker for that perfect finishing touch. And Erin rocked a deep burgundy two piece that is totally to die for.

We would definitely consider the first Point Day of the new school year to be a success! We can’t wait to see what new trends our fellow Stags will be rocking next weekend!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com