Things We Love: Linknotize

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Ask a millennial a question they don’t know and they’ll grab an encyclopedia look it up on the Internet. 

Have you ever thought about how Beyonce and Gandhi are connected? Before you grab your phone, let’s talk about Linknotize, the first ever board game to integrate the use of an online encyclopedia (like Wikipedia) into offline game play. It challenges its players to connect two random topics via the fewest number of clicks.

Here’s how it works: Roll the dice, select two topic cards, then using your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook try to link the two by searching through the embedded links within Wikipedia. The fewer clicks, the fewer points and the team with the fewest number of points wins!

Lets face it collegiettes, this cold weather isn’t going anywhere soon, so next time you aren’t game for the townhouses or beach, challenge your friends to “think fast and think connections” with Linknotize.

Hooked already? Linknotize is available here for $24.99!

Oh, and since you’re probably still wondering how Beyonce and Gandhi are connected, here’s how I managed to link this entertainment star and historical figure: Beyonce > Marie Tussaud > Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum > Gandhi. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!