Things Everyone Says To Their Housemates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Living with a bunch of your friends during college can be a dream come true because it’s basically a giant slumber party every single night. Housemates are there to witness the good, bad, and ugly moments of a collegiette’s day. Where would we be without our housemates?

Here are some things every collegiette says to their housemates:

1. “Is it okay if I eat some of your (insert desired roommate’s food).”

One of the best parts about living with other people is getting to steal some of their chips that you purposely didn’t buy because you are trying to stick to your diet. Good thing they don’t mind! Sharing is caring, collegiettes!

2. “Can you bring your keys out tonight?”

Now that you have a house or an apartment, it’s time to start adding keys to the list of things to bring in your purse. However, on the nights that you don’t feel like bringing a bag and just putting your cellphone in the back pocket of your jeans, a roommate should be responsible to carry keys with them.

3. “Can you check if I left my straightener/curler on?”

Trying to remember if you left your straightener/curler on can be one of the most anxiety inducing stressors ever. Thank god we have housemates to make sure we do not burn down the house!

4. “Can we watch HGTV?”

Everyone knows that House Hunters is always the move and a show that everyone can agree on.

5. “Guys, this house is a mess. We need to clean it.”

Part of living with a group of people means that everyone has to share in the daily chores. Scheduling cleaning days and daily chores is a ~must~ for keeping things clean and organized.

6. “I’m going grocery shopping, does anyone need anything?”

Between tests, group projects, and other social activities, going to the grocery store can fall to the bottom of the list. Luckily, good housemates alert their other housemates when they are going so they pick a few things up for them.

7. “Can I borrow your cute shirt?”

https://media1.giphy.com/media/PSvMzf5eLjwBO/giphy.gif

The best part about living with other people is getting a few extra wardrobes to choose from. Because none of our own clothes are ~ever as cute~ as our roommates’.

English major with a concentration in journalism
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com