Taylor Swift Donates 50k to Child With Cancer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Just when we thought Taylor Swift could not possibly become more admirable—she has. According to an article in People Magazine, Taylor has officially donated $50,000 to the nephew of her back up dancer. Ayden, a 13-month old child struggling with cancer, received this incredible contribution on his GoFundMe account just days after his uncle, Kim “Toshi” Davidson released the details of his diagnosis.

In her contribution, she stated “Baby Ayden, I am lucky enough to perform with your uncle Toshi on tour.” The goal for the GoFundMe account was initially set at $20,000. Toshi received notice of the donation after landing in Toronto, and replied to Taylor’s extremely kind and generous gesture by stating that she was “an angel” and that “his family could not thank her enough”.  

This, however, was not Taylor Swift’s first childhood cancer contribution. This past July, she donated $50,000 to a fan’s GoFundMe page, causing GoFundMe to increase their donation limits on the cause.

Taylor Swift is absolutely one of the most generous and kind-hearted celebrities, with the ability to change the life of anyone she crosses. Seeing celebrities use their wealth to make donations to causes such as a childhood cancer proves sincerity, generosity, and overall selflessness. Taylor is the epitome of a superwoman.

Never change, Taylor!

Hey ladies! I'm Alyssa Vicari, a loyal Long Islander from Fairfield's class of 2018. I am a sophomore finance major and marketing minor who loves everything about the fall and everything about coffee. When I'm not studying or writing for HC, you can probably find me at the beach, the mall, watching Netflix, or doing any other thing that #basic college girls enjoy. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @alyssavicari !
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.