Swoon Worthy Lines From Our Favorite Movies and Books

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Let’s face it; life in books and movies is just better. That’s why it is so easy to get caught up in the worlds that these authors and directors create. I’m not saying that our real lives suck, but sometimes it’s nice to have an escape. As college ladies, it is especially easy to get caught up on the ~swoon worthy~ lines that come out of many of these male characters mouths. It may be sad, but most guys in real life just don’t think like our “onscreen boyfriends” or “book boyfriends”. So, if you’re not lucky enough to have someone real who is willing to tell you these things here is a list of swoon worthy lines from our favorite guys on the big screen and in books. 

Movies

“If you’re a bird, I’m a bird” – Noah, The Notebook

Now I know this one can double as both a book and a movie, but who wouldn’t want Ryan Gosling saying these words to you?  I’ll take any guy who is willing to turn into a winged creature for me.

“To me, you are perfect”- Mark, Love Actually

Everyone has their flaws, but isn’t the end goal finding someone who will love us in spite of them? 

“Winning that ticket Rose was the best thing that ever happened to me. It brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that Rose, I’m thankful. You must do me this honor. You must promise me that you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now Rose and never let go of that promise.”- Jack, The Titanic

If you didn’t at least getting a little watery eyed while watching the Titanic then I don’t think you have a heart. Kidding, but who wouldn’t get upset after finally finding “your lobster” and then having it taken away from you days later. At least Jack was able to say something sweet to Rose in their last hours together. 

“What do you want? Do you want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down”. – George, It’s A Wonderful Life

Who wouldn’t want a guy that loves you so much that’s he’s willing to do the impossible? It’s all so romantic, the moon and all.

“I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met”- Nick, The Wedding Date 

A guy who would miss you, even if he never saw you? We’re swooning for days over here.

Books

Now, books don’t have the visual advantage of seeing the hot guys’ eyes fill with tears or the audio of hearing his voice crack as he confesses his love for the heroine.  Authors have to reach not only the in the reader’s hearts but, their minds and imagination. Here are some of the best lines from the best books out there.

“I knew the second I met you there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”- Travis Maddox, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire “Because it’s eternal, the rise and fall of the sun. It’s forever. Just like us.” – Cameron, More Than Forever by Jay McLean    “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” – Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green  “No measure of time with you would be enough, but lets start with forever.” – Edward, Breaking Dawn  by Stephanie Meyer 

“The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you’ve never felt anything when someone’s kissed you, then no one’s ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”- Holder, Hopeless by Colleen Hoover 

So there you have it, some of the most ~swoon worthy~ lines in our favorite movies and books. The next time you’re feeling down about the lack of romance in your life, watch these movies or read these books. It’ll make you feel that much better, I promise.  

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.