Overtired and sick from the weekend chaos? Worried about what the upcoming days of school work will bring? The “Sunday Scaries” are defined by the anxious feeling that sets in at the start of the week, due to the impending return to school or work. Here are some tips on how to conquer your Sunday and make it a productive and stress-free day!
1. Hit The Gym: Exercise is proven to improve your mood and boost your energy. There’s no better way to reduce anxiety about the long week ahead than working out!
2. Take A Nap: While naps may have a lazy and negative connotation, they’re actually a great way to boost alertness, zap stress, and eliminate bad moods caused by sleep deprivation.
3. Watch An Episode Of Your Favorite TV Show: Notice I said just 1… Binge watching a whole season is very different than taking some time to yourself to enjoy an episode of your favorite show. But as long as you don’t get lost in the black hole of Netflix, watching TV is a great Sunday study break!
4. Make Yourself A Cup Of Tea: While coffee tends to be every student’s go-to drink during the busy school week, it has been proven to have a significant depressing effect. Tea is truly a hidden gem. It has several positive health benefits, such as boosting your immune system and protecting your bones.
5. Practice Yoga: In the most simplistic terms, yoga can make you happier and help you focus. Practicing yoga can improve coordination, reaction time, and memory. Definitely be sure to sign up for yoga classes at the RecPlex through imleagues.com or if you’re in a time crunch, just take a few quick minutes to relax and meditate in the comfort of your own dorm.