The Struggles of Finals Week in the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

You tell yourself every year you’re going to completely avoid the library during finals week, but, naturally, you always find yourself there.

Mission Impossible: trying to find an open seat at the library during finals week. You finally find a seat in the middle of a table full of people you don’t know.

You came with a plan, and you’re confident you’ll get a head start…

But in reality…

So you start to procrastinate by making faces to your friend who you’ve spotted across the room.

Then you see all of the girls walking by you with coffee… 

… and now you’re craving it. 

But then you look at your blank study guide and let that sink in….

And you forget what you’re even working on.

You’ve quickly realized how much you’ve procrastinated, look at the time, and freak out.

You’re getting tired and feel unmotivated, so you decide to leave and try studying somewhere else.

But as the caffeine wears off, you magically end up back in bed and call it a night.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.