Starbucks to Deliver in 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

You know when you’re craving a big cup of Starbucks coffee, but don’t want to walk all the way to the library or drive into town to get it? Well, around this time next year, you might not need to. By late 2015, Starbucks is hoping to perfect their “Mobile Order and Pay” app, which will allow people to put in an order and pay for it on their phones, and then have it delivered straight to their locations.

Don’t get too excited yet though, there’s a catch. When it first comes out, only members of the Starbucks customer loyalty program will be able to use it, and it’s only going to be available in select markets. Luckily, CEO Howard Schultz is hoping to make it available to everybody soon after the big debut.

Rumors have leaked that pilots for the delivery service will be coming out soon for areas other than Portland, where the app is already available. 

So, when you’re cozy in bed next winter and don’t want to go anywhere because it feels like Antarctica outside, don’t worry: Starbucks baristas will be the ones trekking through the snow with a pumpkin spice latte, not you.  

Sources: Cosmopolitan

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!