The Stages of Procrastination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As college students, we are all prone to suffering from the terrible sickness of procrastination. Whether it’s studying or writing a paper, it’s almost as if no matter how hard we try, we end up waiting until the last minute. We all know this isn’t a choice, it just happens…right?

It all starts out with a lot of determination

Until you see Facebook notifications

And then you get some energy and motivation again

But then you’re hungry…duh

Then you’re full…so you’re naturally tired. NAP TIME

You wake up two hours later ready to finish this work

You get about a half hour in when your friends come home, FRIENDS!!!

After hanging out, you tell them you need to get your work done, so you get back to it.

Would you look at the time, it’s time for bed. I’ll wake up early tomorrow and finish.

You end up finishing it an hour before it’s due, but hey it’s done right?

I'm a Communication major, double minor in Professional Writing and Spanish at Fairfield University.I love having a good time, dogs, tattoos and making people laugh. That's pretty much it.
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.