Sneak Peak of Next Year’s Emojis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Emojis help us communicate when words just aren’t enough. We thought we had it all, from the frequently used dancing girl to the befuddling objects and symbols. As usual, Apple manages to outdo itself by introducing new Emojis that we didn’t even know we needed.

There are a lot more faces that will definitely describe your every mood or expression in all situations.

Ever wanted to wish your BFF good luck on midterms but were missing the perfect emoji to do it? Never fear, this new set includes crossed fingers, as well as a handshake, fist bump and shaka sign.

You know that girl who is getting a massage, confused, or dancing and twirling? Well she’s managed to fit more into her packed schedule. Now she’s face-palming, taking selfies and being confused. 

I thought their animal category was a little lacking, but Apple redeemed itself with an update of furry friends.

We may even get some new transportation emojis. Apple feeds our childhood nostalgia by gifting us with a Razor scooter, as well as a trendy Vespa and canoe.

90% of the time I use the food Emojis to tell my friends what I’m in the mood for when dinner rolls around, and finally I’m no longer limited to pizza and burgers! The new update includes salads, bacon, a potato, and an avocado. Thrilled to finally be able to express my love for avocado toast!

We can’t all make it to France, but we can pretend thanks to the new and sophisticated French-themed Emojis. Oui oui!

And, for the sophisticated Collegiettes of age, we grant you whiskey on the rocks. Bottoms up!

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.