Residential College Series: Loyola and Ignatian Living

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After acclimating to Fairfield University their first year, students have the opportunity to join a residential college sophomore year. Loyola Hall, in the quad, houses the Ignatian Living Residential College. Jesuit values are the basis for Ignatian Living. Throughout the year residents will focus on communal and individual reflection. By the conclusion of sophomore year, residents in Loyola will know their passions, form their identity, and apply their leadership skills to problems within their community.

Like every residence hall, Loyola has pros and cons. However, some major benefits of living in Loyola include, the proximity to academic buildings and Barone, as wells as free drinks and a catered Happy Hour on Wednesdays.

“I picked Loyola because that’s where most of my friends wanted to live. I love being a member of Ignatian Living because of the opportunities for self-reflection. One of my favorite parts of living in Loyola is the lounge, especially after Thanksgiving when a huge Christmas tree is put up!” -Anawya ’19

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant