Pharrell x Adidas: “The Tennis Pack II”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Since the happiest man alive, Pharrell Williams, announced his long-term contract with Adidas back in March, expectations have been extremely high. After his October 31 release, the expecations were met. These new kicks have a unique style and message that speaks to all races, genders, and happy individuals around the world.

This unisex line called “Tennis Pack II” is paired with an ad campaign that promotes specifically gender and ethnic equality, which features tag lines such as “Equality is Acceptance”, “Equality is Love”, and “Equality is Strength”. The campaign itself adheres to its slogan by highlighting aerial shots of beautiful multicultural millenials holding up peace signs and candid photos of young love taken by photographer Ryan McGinley.

“The Tennis Pack II” collection itself features a trio of monochrome tennis-like Stan Smiths in either leather or felt (felt resembling that of a tennis ball) in any of three refreshing colors of bright orange, brilliant green, or clean white. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!