Our Love/Hate Relationship With Group Chats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Group message, group chat, grext. No matter what you call it, we all know that texting your friends in one message can sometimes be a blessing, and sometimes be a curse. Group texts are fun at times, and a pain at others. Let’s take a look at the breakdown of our love/hate relationship with group chats.

Group messages are so super convenient when looking for an outfit opinion…

…yet, so super annoying when you wake up with 172 texts.

Being able to ask multiple people the same question at the same time is a plus.

But, having to bear witness to a conversation only pertaining to 2 people is definitely a negative.

It’s a very useful tool when trying to decide what Instagram filter you should use.

But, this is how you feel when no one answers your 19 messages:
Hello, can you hear me?

Group chats are the most efficient way to make plans.

But getting stuck in one with your parents, aunts, and uncles is a form of modern torture.

One chat with all of friends can serve as a hilarious distraction from class or schoolwork.

And on the same note, can be a very annoying distraction when you need to focus.

Bottom line: group messages, can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em!

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant