Style

Our Favorite Brands of Athletic Leggings, Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Happy fall, Collegiettes! Summer is finally turning into our favorite season, (besides Wednesday’s hot flash), which means there is a shift in fashion as well! One of our go-to looks to rock going to class is athleisure, but now there are too many types, styles, and brands to choose from! Welcome to the guide of our 5 favorite leggings, where you are sure to find the right pair for you! 

1.Lululemon-These are honestly at the top of everyone’s list nowadays when it comes to athletic clothing, specifically leggings. Although a bit pricey, they are definitely worth the money and investment. The overall quality of the brand can be compared to no other, and even after several wears before washing, the leggings don’t lose their shape or feel! 

2.Athleta-This brand also has amazing quality! While slightly less expensive than Lululemon, they are still a bit pricey. These leggings are soft, hold their shape, and are squat proof at the gym! Athleta is also owned by the Gap, which is another staple when it comes to basics in the clothing department!

3.Fabletics-A great place for leggings! Fabletics is a super cool, ground-level company created by Kate Hudson. It can act as a subscription service, where you can buy pairs monthly for a discounted price, or you can purchase them every so often! The materials are great and really soft, while still allowing you to easily move in, which is a ~must~! 

4.Aerie-This brand from American Eagle is also a classic when it comes to athletic clothing! Aerie is known for its super soft feeling leggings, as well as the comfort they bring. One of my favorite pairs of leggings is from Aerie, and they’re my go-to when I’m in the mood to feel comfy while still managing to look cute! It’s also on the less expensive side, which is super nice to have as an option as a college student on a #budget.

5.Old Navy-The final brand on our list is Old Navy! Old Navy is one of the staples for basic clothing, and it’s really easy to find great deals for amazing quality! Old navy is definitely the cheaper option on the list, but ladies, cheap doesn’t always mean it has to sacrifice quality! It can be so easy to get swept up in having the most high-end brands and looking our best, that sometimes we forget the best doesn’t mean the most expensive. 

That’s it for our top 5 brands of leggings! We hope this brings you some #inspo the next time you’re in desperate need of a good pair of leggings that you can either rock to class or ~slay~ at the gym!

Erica Salisbury

Fairfield '22

Erica is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in Accounting with a minor in Digital Journalism. She has always loved fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus again at Fairfield! She cannot wait to see all the things in store for her during her last year at Fairfield, especially with being involved in Her Campus.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.