NYFW Spring 2018 Collection: The Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This year’s NYFW was as innovative as ever. Although many designers had decided to hold their shows in Paris, the designers who stayed in New York did not disappoint. The front rows of these shows were full of celebrities—the Calvin Klein show for example attracted a diverse group of A-listers. According New York Times, Lupita Nyong’o, Mahershala Ali, Jake Gyllenhaal and Trevor Noah were all in attendance.

Now, let’s talk about some of our favorite shows:

Michael Kors

At the Michael Kors show, there was no shortage of stars. Models that walked the runway included Bella Hadid, Kate Upton and Kendall Jenner. Seated in the front row was Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts and Catherine Zeta-Jones. The Michael Kors collection took inspiration heavily from vacation/resort wear. His designs were mainly done in pastel pinks, blues and purples. The patterns had palm trees, which truly invoked the resort feel. By the end of the runway, Kors’s designs darkened into blacks and browns but still structured in a flowy manner.

Tory Burch

The Spring 2018 collection had darker tones and colors, almost fall like. The front row of this show included celebrities such as Emily Blunt and Rashida Jones. Each piece held a certain boho flair to it, while encompassing the traditional classic-preppy look that Tory Burch is known for.

Ralph Lauren

Talking about NYFW would not be complete without mentioning the ever iconic, Ralph Lauren. Mr. Ralph Lauren himself gave his attendees rides in exclusive cars to and from the show location—his personal car garage. Attendees included Diane Keaton and Jessica Chastain, and Kendall Jenner who walked the runway.  Ralph Lauren’s collection ranged from the neutral checkered suits for men and women to the bright and bold colors that seemed to have been inspired by the designer’s extensive collection of luxury cars.

Even though it may not even officially be fall, we can still get excited about Spring 2018 fashion trends. The designers at NYFW just gave us something to look forward to during the freezing temperatures of the winter months. We can’t wait to see what designers have in store for us come NYFW Spring 2018.

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com