New Semester: Reality vs. Expectation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Expectation: Goodbye procrastination, hello productivity!

Reality: End up studying for tests and writing papers the morning of.

Expectation: This will be my healthiest semester to date. Gym 5 days a week and only eating green things.

Reality:  Goes to the gym once, then eats 5 pieces of pizza

Expectation: I’m so excited to have a month off and come back to school so well rested!

Reality: Stayed up until 3 a.m. watching Netflix every night of break, so you’re just as tired as last semester.

Expectation: I’m so excited to finally have a kitchen!

Reality: Only makes sandwiches and eats take out.

Expectation: I’m so pumped to go out with all my friends!

Reality: Spends first week snowed in with roommates.

Expectation: I’m so excited to finally have a car on campus!

Reality: Never uses car for fear of losing parking spot.

Expectation: I have a great plan for budgeting my money this semester!

Reality: Spends all money on alcohol and food.

I'm a senior Politics major with English and Women, Gender, and Sexuality studies minors. My passions include reading, writing, and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. You can find me binge watching Netflix or loudly singing along to my newest music obsession.
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.