NEW! Drugstore Makeup Line Inspired By Alexander McQueen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

While walking through the beauty aisle in a drug store women are often inundated with ads for the “big four” cosmetic drug store retailers- Maybelline, Revlon, Covergirl, and L’Oreal. Nonie Creme has found a niche in an open market for drug store makeup products with designer high quality. What sets her makeup line apart from others that have tried this venture before is the fact that she has based her cosmetic line on the runway looks of Alexander McQueen. This adds an extra “wow” factor, as women will be willing to pay more for a product that was inspired by the late, iconic fashion designer.  

This line is perfect for those browsing through drug stores looking for something a bit more than your everyday Covergirl brand.

Crème’s beauty line will be sold at Walgreens. The line will be called Nonie Creme Colour Prevails.  All of the products in the beauty line will be sold at affordable prices- with no products being sold for over $20. 

Creme, the former founding creative director of the cosmetic brand Butter LONDON, is confident that her cosmetic line will be a success. She already has a recognizable name and has a lot of experience when dealing with cosmetic branding after she helped start Butter London in 2005. She was primarily influenced by Alexander McQueen’s spring/summer 2001 runway show “VOSS”. 

The line is expected to be in stores soon so keep you’re eyes peeled for this new cosmetic line. Get excited. We certainly are. 

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.