Nasty Gal Set to Open its First Store in LA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Most of us collegiettes are familiar with Nasty Gal, the popular online retailer that sells the trendiest clothes, shoes, and accessories. The affordability and online convenience have made it a huge label among young women. Sophia Amoruso, CEO of Nasty Gal recently announced the launch of the first Nasty Gal boutique in Los Angeles.

Amoruso revealed this exciting news to fans through an Instagram post. The post detailed that the “brick and murder” store is set to open on November 21st of this year. The edgy and feminine clothing store will feature some of their most popular brands, like Jeffrey Campbell, MinkPink, and many other vintage designers. The store has already begun construction at its prime location on Melrose Avenue.

Amoruso started NastyGal after she realized her passion for all things glamorous and vintage. She started her own eBay store called “Nasty Gal Vintage,” in which she sold vintage designer clothing. She gained a cult following of fashion risk takers, leading into great success with Nasty Gal.

Amoruso hopes to continue growing her brand with the new store opening, allowing even more access to her most coveted favorites. 

Megan is a Fairfield University freshman majoring in international business.  She has a love for all things fashion. Born on Long Island, but a NYC wannabe. 
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.