Motivational Monday: Advice from Audrey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

“Happy girls are the prettiest girls.” – Audrey Hepburn

Audrey Hepburn. She has become the iconic face of beauty, fashion and film; to this day she is someone who does not go unnoticed and has become a timeless portrayal of women. We all remember Audrey and her sophisticated persona in Breakfast at Tiffany’s and can’t help but wonder what formed the iconic woman behind what appeared on-screen. She exuded confidence and embodied the true meaning of elegance, which are qualities we all strive to have.

There are probably many reasons why Audrey became the woman she was. Similarly to us “regular” girls, she had a story. Her story was one filled with personal struggles, triumphs, as well as success. From becoming a ballerina (and failing), to trendsetter, to humanist, to actress, Audrey Hepburn covered it all.  Despite discouragement and self-doubt on her journey to achievement, Audrey was committed to one thing: positivity.

“Happiest girls are the prettiest girls,” is a quote that we should all live by. Audrey was wise in saying this and in advocating to fellow women that happiness is essential to personal success and motivation. Self-confidence is something we all wear on our sleeves, and a simple action such as a smile can turn even the worst day into one slightly better.

So ladies, keep smiling and BE HAPPY! Trust me, you’ll find yourself feeling a lot better if you look on the bright side. 

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.