Meet Rock Magnotta and Max Mentonis ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Changing it up with this week’s Campus Cutie with a special Best Friends feature. I couldn’t choose between these best friends, but two is better than one, right? Meet Rock Magnotta and Max Mentonis, a hilarious, easy-going and friendly pair. This inseparable duo is sure to put a smile on any girls face with their handsome looks and irresistible personalities.

Name: Rock MagnottaHometown: Scranton, PAYear: SophomoreMajor: Mechanical EngineeringRelationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Name: Max MentonisHometown: Atlantic City, NJYear: SophomoreMajor: Mechanical EngineeringRelationship Status: Single

Her Campus: If you were stranded on an island and were only able to have three things, what would they be?Rock Magnotta: A pillow, a hammock, and boneless chicken wings.Max Mentonis: A corona, lime and music.

HC: If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?RM: Stag chicken tenders—I call it the Magnotta special since I get it every single day.MM: Sunday gravy – my family’s version of pasta and sauce.

HC: What’s something that most people don’t know about you?RM: I can play the piano.MM: I’m a drummer.

HC: Wow, so you’re both musically inclined, do you ever play music together?MM: Weirdly enough no we don’t, but we plan on it in the future.

HC: All time favorite band/musician?RM: John Mayer—I like to play him on the piano.MM: Jack Johnson—I like to play him on the drums.

HC: Favorite holiday?RM: 4th of July.MM: Christmas.

HC: What’s the weirdest thing you know about the other?RM: Max could literally sleep all day, finally wake up and then take a nap like 15 minutes later—he sleeps so much.MM: Rock’s a musician but he doesn’t have any music on his iPod or laptop.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?RM: Working in the same engineering firm as Max, married, and living on the West Coast.MM: Working in the same engineering firm as Rock, married, hopefully, maybe kids and living in San Diego.

HC: What do you guys look for in a girl?RM: Nice eyes, smile and a good sense of humor.MM: Funny, smart and family oriented.

HC: Describe each other in three words.RM: Max is cute, audacious and motivated.MM: Rock is stubborn, outgoing and goofy.

HC: If you guys were television show characters, who would you be?RM: Carlton and Will Smith from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.MM: Definitely! Laughs*Both stand up and do the “Carlton dance”*

HC: Celebrity crushes?RM: Taylor Swift.MM: Emma Watson.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Fairfield?RM: Being close to the beach.MM: Agreed, and being close to New York City too.

HC: One last thing, Rock is such a unique name, where did it come from?RM: The patron saint of the city that my family is from in Italy is St. Rocco, so when my dad was born my grandma wanted to “Americanize the name Rocco,” so Rocco became Rock, and now I’m Rock Jr. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!