Meet Matthew Stevens
 ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Name: Matthew Stevens
Year: 2017
Major: CommunicationMinor: Marketing, Entrepreneurial Studies
Hometown: Southborough, MassachusettsFun Fact: I work in an ice cream shop over the summer in Cape Cod and make the ice cream there.

Her Campus: Okay Matt, tell us a little about what it’s like to be a Chubbies Ambassador.Matthew Stevens: Basically, Chubbies relies on college students to get the brand awareness around campuses.  So I applied last year and went through several rounds of applicants and was eventually chosen to represent the brand at Fairfield.

HC: If you could pick up everything and leave right now, where would you go?MS: The Azores in Portugal.  It’s an island in the middle of the Atlantic, and it’s smaller than Nantucket.

HC: Why would you choose to visit there?
MS: It’s where my mom’s side of the family is from, and it’s tropical which is pretty cool.

HC: Who is your celebrity look-a-like?MS: People sometimes say I look like Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl.

HC: If your life were a TV show, what would your theme song be?MS: Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen.

HC: What is your dream job?
MS: I’ve always wanted to work in marketing or advertising, but I’ve also always been intrigued by commercial real estate.

HC: If you were a dinosaur, which one would you be?MS: Valosoraptor. Simple as that.

HC: Where can we find you outside of the classroom?
MS: Whole Foods, JCrew, or Kostka.

HC: If you could pick up any sport, what would it be?
MS: Probably Polo, I’ve always thought it was very interesting.  

HC: If you could go on a date with anyone in the world from any time in history, who would it be?MS: 
Daisy Bucannon, because Great Gatsby is my favorite book.

HC: You were a transfer here from Providence College, do you feel like a transfer or have you fully adjusted?MS: Yes, I feel like I fully adjusted. I honestly forgot I even went there!

HC: Your sister is coming to school here next year, what advice would you give her?
MS: Do as much as you possibly can, get involved, and approve every guy you talk to with me first.

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!