Meet Campus Cutie: Chris Murphy (’19)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is one of a kind. He is not only an Instagram hunk, but also one of the most stylish guys on campus. If you don’t know him already, you are truly missing out. Meet Chris Murphy.

Year: Freshman

Hometown: West Islip, New York

Major: Communications

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: How would you classify your style and where do you shop?

Chris Murphy: My style is threadbare yet elegant. I shop at H&M, J Crew, Zara.

HC: When it comes to Instagram, what are your favorite filters and what do you think the best time to post is?

CM: Ok, my favorite filter is actually on VSCO … let me look it up… it’s called ACG. My favorite time to post is probably 10 pm so people see it on their feed while pre-gaming, going out, or when they wake up in the morning.

HC: What is your dream job?

CM: Ugh there are so many. One, a supermodel, two a professional taste tester, and three, one of those people that sell detox tea on Instagram.

HC: Why did you choose Fairfield?

CM: I just looked through my list of schools and chose randomly, then visited here and was like [this] seems cool and they gave me a scholarship so that definitely helped me decide to come.

HC: What is your best advice?

CM: Post as many Snapchat stories as you want no matter how annoying people think they are.

HC: Who is your role model?

CM: My role model is mmm.. right now I have a couple. I would say Kylie Jenner because she doesn’t care what people think about her and I think she has a cool style.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and what would you do?

CM: Ugh there are so many places…umm… I would go to Switzerland, chill in a spa and play in the snow.

HC: What is your guilty pleasure?

CM: My guilty pleasure is liking my own photos on Instagram.

HC: What is one thing you wish you told your freshman self now that you look back at your freshman year?

CM: I would tell myself not to take an 8 a.m. first semester because I cried every morning…

Instagram: @chrismurphy 

Jackie has been an active member of Her Campus Fairfield over the past two years and is the new Co-Campus Correspondent for Fairfield's chapter. She is a junior communications major with a minor in marketing. She loves baking, sports, sushi, and her Jack Russell Terrier Tipper.
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.