Meet Alfredo “Fredo” Torres

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Name: Alfredo “Fredo” Torres

Hometown: The Bronx

Major: Digital Journalism

Minor: Communication

Year: 2018

Relationship Status: Single

I haven’t seen any other guy that can rock a nice sleek hairstyle like this guy. Meet Alfredo Torres, a sophomore who is one of the most genuine people that walks this campus. You can find him in the Mirror office working late nights, walking around campus listening to music, or chilling in his room with friends. If you don’t already know him, get on it. You won’t regret it!

Her Campus: Everyone calls you Fredo. How did you get your nickname?

Alfredo Torres: I got it in high school after the rapper Fredo Santana. Everyday in the hallway people started calling me “Fredo”, saying what’s good, giving me pounds and from there it just stuck.

HC: I noticed when walking into your room it says “Fredo Gang Headquarters” on your door, and I heard it has become synonymous among the third floor of Claver. Care to explain?

AT: I think it’s synonymous around campus. It’s a small group, you know, me and my close friends here at Fairfield and we’re just out here, walking around together so you’ll always see us, that’s the Fredo Gang. The Fredo Gang Headquarters is actually my room; it’s a chill spot to come. We’re always in here doing work, playing video games and hanging out.

HC: So you’re ordering from Dominos at 1am on a Friday. What do you order?

AT: Buffalo chicken pizza, Parmesan bread bites, and of course I need a beverage so I order Sprite.

HC: If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you have wanted to see?

AT: The 2003 Game 7 Red Sox vs. Yankees when Aaron Boone hit the home run in the bottom of the 11th inning to win the game and send the Yankees to the World Series.

HC: What is something unique about you?

AT: My hair I guess, I mean I got it from my mom, it’s very soft and long. (Roommate Morgan Rosemann chimes in: its all over my floor!!) I think it’s something unique about me.

HC: What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?

AT: I am the Sports Editor of the Fairfield Mirror, so I am in charge of covering sports games and different events. I take pictures as well. I am also a part of the Wounded Warrior Project Club on campus as the media lesion. 

HC: You have some tats on your arm. What are they and why did you get them?

AT: I have a tattoo of my country’s flag to show the love for my country. I am here in the United States but I am still representing where I am from, which is Nicaragua. I’m also getting another one soon right next to that one. It’s going to be four roses surrounding the words “family first” and the roses signify the four women in my life: my mom, my sister and my two nieces.

HC: Aww, that’s so sweet. What do you look for in a girl?

AT: Someone with a nice personality, friendly, and funny. I want to be able to hang out with her and not be pressured to do anything that I’m not used to. I’m looking for a girl that is down-to-earth that I can just sit back and chill with. 

HC: I can teleport you anywhere in the world right now. Where do you want to go and why?

AT: I would go to Nicaragua to visit my family because most of my family lives there and I don’t see them that often.

HC: What are you passionate about?

AT: Sports, but basketball in general. Watching the game, playing the game, playing the video games, reading magazines and writing about it. I usually don’t read books. The only ones I’ve read so far are about basketball. They keep me entertained and I love it.

Fast Faves:

Celeb Crush: Two girls from 5th Harmony, Lauren & Camila, I also love Haley Williams

Role Model: My mom

Childhood TV Show: Scooby Doo

Rapper: Eminem

Pet peeve: Always keeping my side of the room clean

Meal: Steak with white rice

Most frequently used word: I say “hey what’s up” to everybody, like “what’s good, man?”

Fun fact: I don’t have my driver’s license yet 

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant