Look at Us Now: Hopes for Daisy Jones & The Six TV Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you’re an avid reader of all books under the umbrella of TikTok and other contemporary reads, you’re probably familiar with Taylor Jenkins Reid’s Daisy Jones & The Six. But if you haven’t read it yet, get a copy of it ASAP because not only is the book amazing, it’s currently being adapted to a TV series, with the first episode airing on Amazon Prime on March 3rd!

As soon as I saw the trailer on Reese Withers poon’s Instagram feed and a post from Suki Waterhouse that she was going to be in the show, I immediately added Daisy Jones & The Six to my Christmas list. I read the book over winter break, and it is everything I love: the story of a 70s rock band and all the baggage that comes with it. In other words, if you love Fleetwood Mac, this book and soon-to-be TV series is for you.

Along with the general plot of Daisy Jones & The Six, the cast is just as delectable. Not only is Daisy Jones iconically being played by Riley Keough, Elvis Presley’s granddaughter, but Suki Waterhouse and Sam Claflin have also earned a role as band members in Daisy Jones & The Six. Other cast members in the show include Camila Morrone, Will Harrison, Sebastian Chacon, Josh Whitehouse, Nabiyah Be, and Timothy Olyphant.

The series will be four parts, having a new episode aired each week until March 24th. For those of you who have not read Daisy Jones & The Six, please borrow a copy from a friend and read it before watching the show because you do not want to miss out. On the other hand, for those of us who have read the book and are eager for the show to release on March 3, I too am counting down the days to see Sam Claflin in aviator sunglasses and head-to-toe denim. 

XO Catherine

Catherine Murray

Fairfield '26

Catherine is a freshman writer from Westchester, NY and studies Management and Music at Fairfield University. When Catherine is not writing, you can find her at a concert, surfing, or shopping on Greenwich Avenue!