Keep Calm and Dance On: Summer Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Summer is only a few days away and now that temperatures have started rising, here are some songs to get you excited for your fun summer plans!

1.     When you’re getting ready for a night out with your girlfriends: Iggy Azalea- Fancy

2.     When you’re in the mood for getting a song stuck in your head: Luke Bryan- Play it Again

3.     For a feel-good wake-up song: Ingrid Michaelson- Girls Chase Boys

4.     When you want to let out your inner Bey: Beyonce- Partition

5.     A song for getting over your summer fling: Charli XCX- You (Ha Ha Ha)

6.     For a windows down, driving with your friends afternoon: Jake Owen- Beachin’

8.     For poolside lounging: Sugar Ray- Fly

9.     For a, singing at the top of your lungs, dance-party: Ellie Goulding- Goodness Gracious

10. When you’re looking for that classic, summer jam: Dave Matthews Band- Crash into Me

I'm a senior Politics major with English and Women, Gender, and Sexuality studies minors. My passions include reading, writing, and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. You can find me binge watching Netflix or loudly singing along to my newest music obsession.
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.