This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The runway has a new venue! – it’s easier to access than you might think. The catwalk has never been so accessible, thanks to Misha Nonoo and her savvy use of the perhaps most popular photo-sharing social media platform. This year, Nonoo became the first ever up-and-coming designer to display her collection exclusively on Instagram. By doing so, she has invented what is being called the “insta-show.” Flipping your phone screen horizontally gives you front row access to her entire line in an innovative way that is a ground-breaking, fun and a modern twist on sitting front row at a NYFW runway show.

Other Designers like Stella McCartney and Calvin Klein have followed this trend of accessible digital fashion by creating their own versions of the insta-show. But, no one has been able to create the runway experience quite like Nonoo who explains, “With digital, there are so many new opportunities that do not have any geographical limitations, timing conflicts, or seating restrictions. And that’s what I am motivated by.”  

In an industry marked by change and progression, we can only imagine how digital media will continue to play more of a substantial role in the fashion industry. Nonoo, like many other designers who are catching onto this trend, has immersed herself as a digital-media pioneer, paving the road for what’s to come.

Josephine (Josie) Lekkas is a Junior at Fairfield University majoring in Business and Art History with a minor in PR and a passion for the French language and culture. She loves to write about Fashion, Current Events, Travel & Lifestyle. She is an avid digital media user and influencer with a passion for following the evolution of digital technology and it's many uses for business growth and strategy. On top of her double major course load, she works part-time in Manhattan at Group SJR, a digital marketing and advertising firm. Follow her on instagram @josie_lekkas!
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.