Insta-Worthy Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Ladies, we are all guilty of loving ice cream. But in the winter months, a bowl of cold ice cream might not be your first choice for dessert. When trying to resist your ice cream craving while home on winter break is your biggest struggle, don’t forget about a classic treat – ice cream sandwiches!

Cookies plus ice cream equals pure happiness (trust us, we did the math). So, after scrolling through Instagram looking at ~drool-worthy~ ice cream treats, create your own with these 5 easy steps!

1. First, lazy days are the best days. But eventually you have to go to the supermarket. While you’re there, you might as well pick up ingredients for your ~Insta-worthy~ dessert. You know you’re on the right track when the only greens in your shopping cart are mint chocolate chip ice cream and an assortment of sprinkles. Oh, don’t forget the cookie dough!

2. Once you’re back home, bake the cookies according to the directions on the package. After the cookies are baked to golden perfection, it’s time for the ice cream #woopwoop.  

3. Grab the pint of your favorite ice cream flavor, and slice the carton to make a perfectly sized ice cream roll. Flavors that are bright colors like mint chocolate chip and strawberry will look fab on your Instagram feed!

4. Now, the part that everyone has been waiting for … assembling the ice cream sandwich! Place a slice of ice cream in between the flat bottoms of two cookies. You’re one step closer to creating that fabulous dessert, and Insta post, you dreamed of. 

5. Hold up – don’t forget the toppings! You know you need those rainbow sprinkles! Roll the sides of your ice cream sandwich in sprinkles, or any topping of your choosing!

Voila Magnifique! You can finally enjoy your tasty dessert! Well, after you snap a pic and post it on Instagram of course.

Joanna Mastropaolo is a senior at Fairfield University and is majoring in Communication and minoring in Islamic World Studies. She's from New Jersey and loves anything that has to do with the Olympics, but especially the Women's gymnastics team! Joanna is grateful to be a part of the Her Campus team and is looking forward to what the future has in store for her :)
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com