This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Are you constantly complaining about your split ends but never want to get a haircut? Well, look no further ladies; there is a new technique that is earning incredible praise in the salon industry. This technique is called Hair Dusting. It precisely, “trims the fat” by getting rid of dead ends. L.A. hairstylist Sal Salcedo urges ladies to think of it in terms of removing fuzz from clothes. The first step is to smooth or straighten your hair, this allows the “bad hair” to spring up. Then, the hairstylist takes a pair of specialty scissors and cuts each “bad hair” that sticks up. Say hello to healthier, faster growing hair and goodbye to split ends! 

Hi, my name is Emily and I’m a Communications Major with Minors in Art History and Sociology at Fairfield U. I have a passion for all things fashion, beauty, cooking, and fitness. I am a foodie at heart and am always looking for new recipes or restaurants to try. Editorial writing and social media managing are just a couple of my specialties! 
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.