Getting Naked with Harlan Cohen in the LLBCC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

In a world that communicates digitally by means of ‘beating around the bush,’ it is refreshing to have someone that will tell it like it is.  The truth typically hurts which is why we avoid telling it and hearing it as much as we can in our relationships and interactions with people.  Eventually, however, we need to bite down on something and let it hit us.  Harlan Cohen is just the man for the job. Cohen is a relationship expert. He is brutally honest, yet funny and sincere. Cohen is an award winning author, celebrated speaker and respected advice columnist, who is fully equipped to tell you exactly what you don’t want to, but have hear about the truth in today’s dating culture. 

As college students, we exist in a world that provides us with a completely skewed perspective of what it really means to date.  We think that not receiving a text back within thirty seconds is grounds for termination of a relationship.  Odds are, this relationship isn’t really even a relationship yet, you’re merely, ‘together’ with that person, or ‘hooking up’ with them.  We have programmed ourselves into thinking that this is a normal way of existing.  If we find someone that will sloppily make out with our face every weekend and maybe even shoot us a few texts during the week, it’s basically a committed relationship, right?  Well, ladies and gentlemen, do yourselves the favor and allow Harlan Cohen to bring you back to reality.  Let him show you that you have completely lost your mind, that it’s not your fault, and that there is hope for a real and true relationship out there.  Sadly enough folks, this true relationship is not just a date with a drunken student on a twin XL mattress at two o’clock in the morning while their roommate pretends to be sleeping. 

Cohen will teach you that it’s not time to lose hope yet, he will show you how to maintain a sense of optimism.  There is someone out there for everyone, and by coming to hear Cohen speak you will learn that this person is not waiting at the end of a handle of Dubra or a thirty pack of luxurious ‘Natty Ice’.  Cohen emphasizes how capable everyone is of meeting someone while sober and fully clothed, which is an ideal that many of us may need to start utilizing. 

I cannot stress enough how truly life-changing it will be for you to hear such a genius, unique, and gritty perspective; so come get naked with Cohen in the Lower Level Barone Campus center tonight at 7 p.m. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!