Everything We Need to Know About the “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” Sequel! (On Set Now)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Yes, it’s true everyone, our favorite Netflix rom-com couple Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky are making their way back to the streaming site! (Although it appears Peter is going to have some major competition)! The ~TATBILB~ sequel will follow the second novel in the trilogy called “P.S. I Still Love You”. Lana Condor recently told Elle, “there’s going to be a major new love interest.” “The first one was with Josh and Peter [played by Noah Centineo], but in the second movie it’s going to be a major new character that’s going to challenge Peter quite a bit and fight over me, which is not a bad thing.” If fans remember, the movie ended with John Ambrose McClaren on Lara Jean’s doorstep which is bound to add some new drama and we are all here for it.  

Netflix recently confirmed Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists star Janel Parish, Anna Cathcart, and John Corbett are all returning for the sequel. Jordan Burtchett, the actor who originally played John Ambrose has not been confirmed to return, which hints that perhaps a new star will claim the role as the Model UN heartthrob. Josh Sanderson, played by Israel Broussard, is also likely to step up his screen time as executive producer Susan Johnson told ET Online, “I do feel like the character of Josh sort of got the short end of the stick a little bit, but there’s room to tell part of his story in the next movie even though he’s not so much in the second book.” Johnson is not set to direct the second film due to conflicts with scheduling so Michael Fimognari will be taking over. Not much is known about what the sequel will entail, although it has been revealed that the main focus will be on the romantic struggles between Lara Jean and Peter.

We can’t wait to see what happens Collegiettes!

Amber Shephard

Fairfield '20

Amber Shephard graduated Fairfield University in 2020 where she majored in Psychology and minored in Marketing. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com