A Dozen Reasons Why College is Better Than High School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Moving away from home to go to college can be a huge transition in your life.  Leaving behind your family and friends to move to an unfamiliar place can be emotional, but once you adjust to campus life, it’s clear to see why people say this is the best time of your life.

1. Your gym, house, food, classes, AND cute boys are all in one area.

What else do you need?!

2. But seriously, boys.

They’re everywhere.  And everyone knows, college boys>high school boys.

3. But seriously, there is food EVERYWHERE.

And, the kitchen stays open late.

4. Classes are actually interesting rather than standard high school history and math.

Sign me up for Beyoncé 101.

5. Your professors actually treat you like an adult.But, now you’re obligated to laugh at their jokes.

6. No parents, no rules!

(Kidding, Mom!) Not actually, but there is no one nagging you to clean your room or eat your veggies anymore. You are actually a real adult now. Kind of scary.

7. You learn more real-life skills.

Like how to budget yourself (kind of) and how to do your own laundry.

8. It’s a slumber party, every night.

Living with your best friends come with double the clothes, more makeup, and free fashion advice. You’ll never have to go shopping, just borrow!

9. There is so much more school spirit.

Tailgates and student sections are bigger AND better. #GOSTAGS!

10. You have a Starbucks and Dunkin within walking distance of you.

Coffee on hand all of the time.

11. You have a lot more free time.

More hours during the day to get your work done…or watch Netflix…

12. High school was just school, this is the rest of your life.

These are the years where you create long-lasting relationships and shape your future. Be sure to get involved and make good decisions. These are going to be the best four years of your life.

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.