Current Cycle To Be America’s Next Top Model’s Last

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

TYRA MAIL!

On Wednesday, Tyra Banks announced that this current cycle of America’s Next Top Model is to be its last one. The show, which ran for 22 cycles over 12 years, is set to end on December 4th  2015, Tyra’s birthday.  ANTM was certainly a childhood staple for me, I mean what else but the 8-hour marathons would occupy my time during sick days?! 

This announcement is met with mixed feelings from fans. Twelve years is a long time for one show to run so it is not too surprising the fan base was starting to dwindle. Some feel the show has run its course and this is long overdue, while others, specifically those who haven’t watched in years, feel nostalgia. We will never forget the exciting and absurd photo shoots and challenges Tyra came up with! (anyone remember when they posed with the cast of “Jackass”?). 

Smize through the pain, ladies. It’s what Tyra would want.

Originally from Boston, Caroline is a sophomore International Studies major and French minor at Fairfield University. She is a News Editor for Her Campus Fairfield as well as the Twitter Account Manager. When not hitting the books you can find her talking about cats and over posting on Instagram as @wiccancool.
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant