Campus Cuties: Sam Murphy and Kendall Keahey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Kendall (left) Sam (right)

These lacrosse roommates are taking over the Campus Cutie scene this week. You’ll be sure to spot out these new freshmen out on the field in the spring.  Why pick one roommate when two is better than one! If you’re in need of a good laugh, the two of them together are absolutely hysterical! Get to know these two cuties living in Regis! 

Name: Sam Murphy

Year: 2019

Hometown: Cohasset, Massachusetts

Major: Undeclared Business

Relationship Status: Single

Name: Kendall Keahey

Year: 2019

Hometown: Liverpool, New York

Major: Undeclared Business

Relationship Status: Single

HC: How do you guys like living together?

S: “Match made in heaven”

K:  “Best thing ever, God hand-picked us for each other”

HC: Sam, describe Kendall in three words.

S: “Smooth, tenacious, and sassy”

K: “Oh darn right I’m sassy!”

HC: Okay, Kendall, now describe Sam in three words.

K: “Handsome, charismatic, and a little devilish”

HC: What do you like most about being on the lacrosse team?

S: “Waking up at 7 a.m. for practice and seeing everyone’s smiling faces!”

HC: Is everyone really smiling at 7 a.m.?

S: (laughs) No

K: “It’s like a brotherhood.”

HC: Can you guys tell us your funniest rommie story?

“One morning we went dumpster diving together because we needed a coach for our room. It’s in there now.”

HC: Besides lacrosse of course, what else do you guys like to do for fun?

Both at the same time answered: (laughing uncontrollably and looking at each other) “Dumpster diving!”

K: “Oh, I also like turkey watching.”

HC: Celebrity Crush?

S: Jennifer Aniston

K: Jennifer Lawrence

HC: You get to take your celebrity crush out on a date, where would you take her and what would you do?

S: “Bird watching in the Appalachian Mountains”

K: “I’d take her to Central Park. Then I find a nice path of green grass and lay down my fifteen-year-old knitted blanket that my grandmother made me. I would have a picnic ready with all kind of food assortments, maybe a little wine. There would be a nice breeze and the sun would be setting. She wouldn’t be able to resist.”

HC:  What’s your best pick up line?

S: Do you know Jack Murphy? (Pause) Yeah I’m his younger brother!

(Jack graduated from Fairfield last year and is now a pro lacrosse player, oh and Jack Murphy was also a former Campus Cutie)

K: How about those Winnipeg Jets?

HC: That’s really your pick up line, Kendall?

K: Oh, of course.

HC: What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

S: “I get nervous in crowds. Also, I know magic tricks.”

K: “I’m really good, no I mean like really good at bowling. I bowl a consistent 250.”

HC: If you could be someone other than yourself for a day, who would you be and why?

S: “Steve Irwin, so I could wrestle alligators.”

K: “Bobby Flay, he’s a cook. Cooking is important to me and this man cooks the most spectacular food in this world.”

HC: If you could only listen to one song for the rest of the month, what would it be?

S: “Sorry” by Justin Bieber

K: “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

S: “I am really unsure right now, maybe something in the business world. Potentially an accountant, maybe living in Mexico, we’ll see.”

K: “I want to do a lot with my life. I want to go into management and I would love to work for a record company.”

Fairfield University '19
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.