Bromances, Ya Gotta Love ‘Em

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As you may know, last week, the Chicago Cubs won the World Series. It was the first time they had won a championship in 108 years. Being an avid baseball fan (and having a roommate from Chicago) the Cubs were on every night in our apartment for a week. As I sat watching the game I couldn’t help but notice a certain “bond” between the Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo and the third baseman Kris Bryant. It was apparent that they have become very close friends since they started playing together and have a mutual respect for one another. Throughout the days that followed their World Series win I saw headlines deeming their relationship as a “bromance”. This is a term that has been used throughout the years describing a friendship between two guys.

Ladies have had this bestie dynamic down for years from Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox to Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. It’s important to have that one person in your life that just gets you. So I realized that even though Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant are now my new favorite bromance, they aren’t the only male besties.  Read on for some of the best bromances around.

Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant 

Fun Fact: Rizzo will even be a groomsman in Bryant’s wedding early next year. 

Seth Rogen and James Franco 

These two have been friends ever since starring in the short-lived T.V. show Freaks and Geeks in the 90’s. Since then, they have stayed close and have even starred in a slew of movies together such as Pineapple Express and This Is The End.   

Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill 

This duo met after starring in 21 Jump Street in 2012. Since then, the pair has remained close friends and are frequently photographed together. 

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon 

Thought by many as the OG “bromance” Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have been friends for years. They clearly work well together seeing as they have won multiple awards in projects they have starred in together.

Jay Z and Kanye West 

This pair balances each other perfectly. Kanye’s hot head personality is a perfect match for Jay Z’s over all “cool” persona. The music they make together is widely popular, proving that besties make the best business partners. 

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson 

This dynamic duo definitely knows how to make people laugh. Not only are they friends in their personal lives but movies like Meet the Parents and Zoolander prove that their chemistry is perfect for on screen laughs. 

Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake 

This dynamic duo met on Saturday Night Live, where they frequently starred in sketches together. Although most of their sketches consisted of them cracking each other up, a beautiful friendship blossomed. The pair is even known to stay at each other’s houses and their lovely wives are also friends. 

Tobey Maguire and Leonardo DiCaprio

Take a note from these bromances; friendship is an important thing to have in this life. When life gets you down, your best friend will always be there for you. They will be with you through the highs and lows of life, just as you will always be there for them. Don’t take your besties for granted; it’s hard to say what life may be like without them!

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant