The Best Things About Snow Days at Fairfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1.  The hills in front of the library are perfect for sledding.

No need to hit the slopes when you’ve got the hills by the library! No sled? Try trash bags. 

2. The scenery is even more perfect when it is covered in white fluffy snow.

We already have the most Insta-worthy campus (Thanks, Cosmo!), especially with the gorgeous sunsets every evening. The snow makes it even prettier—as if that was even possible!

3. The hot chocolate bar in Barone. So maybe Barone doesn’t always have the best food, but the hot chocolate bar is perfect, especially on a cold snowy day. Marshmallows, whipped cream, and chocolate chips are a must.

4. Not having to shovel any snow on a day off. Perks of living on campus would definitely include not having to wake up to shoveling your driveway or sidewalk; it’s already taken care of!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant